- Job Posted: 04.02.2022
- Closing Date: 30.09.2022
- Location: Portadown
- Salary: £25k to £34k DOE
- Type: Permanent full-time
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create NC Programs using offline CAM software in accordance with company CAD/CAM process.
- Select best machine strategies and tooling to deliver optimised cycle times.
- Verify NC programs using Vericut software.
- Create process sheets which detail work instruction for component manufacture from womb to tomb including tool build up, machine setup, operator instruction, in-process checks, manual drilling instruction, manual deburr instruction, assembly instruction, packaging instruction etc in accordance to SAM NI and customer specifications.
- Fixture design and manufacture, creating calibration and inspection drawings.
- Tool design and drawings.
- Creating 2D and 3D drawings and models.
- Improves current manufacturing processes and cycle times in accordance with continuous improvement processes.
- Design and manufacture test pieces and prototypes to prove chosen concepts.
- Follow NPI process to manufacture new parts, in accordance with APQP and PPAP framework.
- Carry out contract review when new customer orders are placed.
- Support production lines when issues arise using common problem solving and RCA techniques and processes.
- Take ownership of certain processes and be responsible for training others.
*NB: The above list is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties. From time to time the employee may be required to transfer to other departments to help with demand.
- Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering
- 2 years minimum offline NC programming experience using a recognised CAM software.
- Experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience using Mastercam.
Hours of work:
(39) Days: Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 16.00, Friday 07:00 – 12:00
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Paid medical appointments
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cashback healthcare plan