- Job Posted: 04.02.2021
- Closing Date: 30.09.2022
CNC Machine Operator – Weekends
- Location: Portadown
- Salary: Not disclosed
- Type: Permanent part-time
CNC Machine Operatives are trained to operative 3-5 axis CNC machines to produce a various range of aerospace components from materials such as aluminium and titanium.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Inspect and measure finished products using specific measuring equipment and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on the machine.
- Finish parts keeping within quality requirements using hand tools to sand/smooth part edges.
- Complete paperwork such as process sheets, NCRS, job cards.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
*NB: The above list is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties. From time to time the employee may be required to transfer to other departments to help with demand.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing background.
Hours of work:
(36) Days: Friday – Sunday 07:00 – 19:00
- Hard working