- Job Posted: 09.02.2018
- Closing Date: 21.02.2018
Technical Sales Manager
- Location: Portadown, Northern Ireland
- Type: Full time, Permanent
JW Kane Precision Engineering Limited are an aerospace engineering company based in Portadown, Northern Ireland.
JW Kane delivers a complete project and supply chain management service for the manufacture and delivery of CNC machined aerospace components, subcontracted treatments, first article inspection, CMM and specialist sub assembly. Machining capabilities are available in a range of 3 axis, 4 axis and 5 axis machining centres.
We wish to recruit a highly skilled and motivated Technical Sales Manager to work in JW Kane Precision Engineering Ltd to develop further market presence in the aerospace world.
We require an experienced engineer with a Technical sales management background who holds a Masters Degree in Mechanical /Aerospace Engineering or a closely related discipline.
The job role and duties would be – but not limited to:
|· Define, manage and coordinate the most effective communication strategy between Kane and the new customers. Constantly refine this process in line with the changing needs of the business, maintaining at all times and accurate database on contacts at customers and similar communication plan for customers referring to Key contacts within the Kane team.
· Develop and constantly manage a personal work plan agreed in conjunction with the management team for the items of work planned to be carried out in achievement of the business plan growth objectives..
· Complete a personal development plan per the PMP process at Kane. Undertake activities to achieve the objectives defined within this plan and meet the major duties of the post and ensure that the end goals are achieved.
· Present regular progress reports to management Groups and to the board of directors as requested..
· Write up results of work and keep record of achievements against personal objectives listed in your personal development plan.
· Monitor travel and development budgets and produce a Personal Development Plan which will ensure best use of financial resources.
· Responsibility for embedding acquired market knowledge in the company.
· Contribute to training of staff in the company as required.
· Carry out routine administrative duties as necessary, eg. arranging meetings, taking minutes, maintaining website.
· Attend training modules (mandatory and additional job-specific training). This may be local, national and international.
· Perform any other additional duties as agreed by the Management team and board of directors.
|Planning and Organising|
|· Plan day-to-day activity within the framework of the agreed work plan.
· Contribute to the planning and management of the agreed work schedule, approximately 3-6 months in advance.
|Resource Management and Responsibilities|
|· Plan and manage day-to-day resources to ensure the delivery of agreed work plans runs to time and on budget.
· Coordinate and obtain approval for planned expenditure/allocation of resources with the Management team.
· Ensure that the management team is kept informed of forthcoming expenditure.
|Internal and External Relationships|
|· Liaise with company staff on a daily basis.
· Build relationships with both company and customer staff to ensure effective working practices are established.
· Attend and contribute to any appropriate meetings, both in the company and at customer sites as required.
· Establish contacts with additional groups and organisations as required to develop markets, knowledge and understanding and form relationships for future collaboration.eg ADS UK, France
*PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS ROLE VIA CV TO email@example.com
JW Kane is an equal opportunities employer.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Previous experience working directly with Nacelle Manufacturers, securing a major work project for Aluminium Machinings.
- Senior level project management responsibility and proven experience delivering at least 1 major Safran group project
- Demonstrated success building relationships with 3 major customers in the aerospace machining market from the ground up.
The above criteria must be demonstrated through by reference to actual work carried out.
Note: This role will involve travel in the UK, Ireland and abroad when necessary.